Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it has been over a month since our last post. I guess life has been pretty uneventful so I just haven't felt the need to post an update. We are doing well and enjoying the small things in life. Yesterday marked 5 months since our sweet Lucas returned home and although it's still difficult, the cry sessions are getting fewer and farther between. I think it's because we've just accepted that this is the way it is until we meet again and the pain is getting easier to bear with time. I've been trying to stay busy which helps also. I did make it to his grave last week and it was the first time I had been by myself. Usually we go on Sunday's as a family so it was nice to just sit and talk to him alone. I started exercising with some of the girls at the church and it has been so much fun. Jonas and I go to play group once a week and I have the opportunity to volunteer in Kaden's class once a week. I am so lucky to have them in my life. I am also blessed to have the most awesome husband to walk the earth. He is sooooo good to me even though I can be a stinker sometimes. We recently got called to be a Maw and Paw for Trek this summer. We are so excited for this opportunity and I know that it will be such a spiritual experience. (Trek is held in Wyoming for 4 days. The youth and some of the adults in our church cross the plains where our early pioneer ancestors walked to reach Salk Lake City. We will be dressed like pioneers and pull handcarts with our belongings all the while getting a taste of the sacrifices and blessing that came with this journey.) We have decided to take the kids to Disneyland the last week in February which is coming up. I haven't been since I was a child so I am very excited. I think the boys will LOVE IT!!! We haven't been on a vacation like this since Kaden was 5 months old and we went on a cruise. We figure why not go now? We could use a little get away and the timing couldn't be better. Hopefully the weather is nice and it isn't too crowded. And now that we have a minivan with a DVD player, the drive shouldn't be too bad. It will be fun. Well, that's all for now. It's time to get the kiddo's ready for bed.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment