Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas...

Well, it's the day after but I wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am for our many blessings. I'm so grateful that Aaron has a good job and works hard so that we can have stability during these difficult economic times. Our family is in good health and we have the most wonderful family and friends. We spent Christmas eve with friends and Christmas day we just relaxed at home. My parents came over to watch the boys open a couple of gift they had brought for them and then we went to see Lucas to wish him a Merry Christmas. We then went over to Aaron's parents to take them a gift. I made photo albums of the kids for both of our parents this year and they turned out really cute. It's really sad that most of the pictures we have of Lucas is when he was sick and he had a feeding tube taped to the side of his nose. It's not that we didn't take any pictures of him as an infant, but most babies don't start smiling and laughing until they are about 4-5 months old and these make the best pictures. I've learned my lesson though. Never put off pictures and video because you just never know. I was even waiting to get our family pictures done until Lucas could sit up. Well, he got sick and I was having some major regrets. Then, our sweet friends arranged to have our pictures done in between his surgery and his first round of chemo. It was such a blessing and I'm so grateful to Melissa for taking pictures of our family with such short notice. There are so many good people in the world and so many acts of kindness have been extended to our family. This Christmas was very emotional as every time I heard a song about the baby Jesus or saw a picture it would remind me of Lucas. Yesterday I was telling the boys that Lucas is so lucky because he gets to be with Jesus on His birthday. Then Kaden asked me if he would be eating birthday cake. "I sure hope so. Heaven just wouldn't be heaven without cake." Aaron then replied that they probably have better stuff than cake in heaven. Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We love all of you and thank you again for your love and support.

Shannon

4 comments:

  1. What sweet images. I'm sure this whole month has been bittersweet for you and your family. I think it's wonderful you have the opportunity to go visit Lucas whenever you'd like. I'm sure it helps. Thanks, as always, for inspiring and comforting all of us. I feel uplifted every time I read your blog. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm POSITIVE that there is cake in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are the cutest family ever! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete